Section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 allows a police officer to stop and search you without suspicion. It is different from general stop and search powers where police officers must have reasonable grounds to suspect that you are...
We are a Top Tier criminal law firm dedicated to defending your rights, whatever the charge or allegation.
Edward Fail, Bradshaw & Waterson has a first-class reputation as a specialist criminal defence firm. We are consistently ranked as amongst the very best in London and the UK by Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 and we’re one of the few leading criminal law firms to offer both legal aid and private funding options.
Our team of committed and approachable lawyers offers expert advice and representation at every stage of the criminal investigation and trial process. We regularly act in cases ranging from murder, terrorism, fraud, drug trafficking, sexual offences and assault, through to road traffic and regulatory matters.
We’ve represented clients in the East End of London and beyond since 1887, when Charles Bradshaw opened our first office on East India Dock Road, and we’re proud to retain strong links with our community.
We understand that being accused of a criminal offence can be an intensely stressful and upsetting experience for the individual concerned and their family. Our team approaches all cases with the same level of professionalism and efficiency and specifically tailoring our service to the needs of each individual client.
We make your liberty our greatest priority. We will defend your case with robust determination, using the highest level of expertise in order to achieve the best results possible.
If you would like advice or a competitive fee quote from our criminal defence team, please get in touch by calling 0207 790 4032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For out-of-hours support, please call our 24/7 emergency police station advice line on 07841 454 170.
We have two offices, one in East London and one in the City, and we can also attend police stations across London (and the UK in some serious cases) to advise and support you.
Why choose our criminal defence solicitors?
Here are just some of the reasons why we are the right criminal law solicitors for you:
- We are one of the top criminal law firms in London and the UK as ranked by official law firm ranking organisations, Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500.
- We believe that everyone has the same right to high quality legal advice and representation. We ensure that our service is accessible for all, and we are known for the high standard of all of our work, whether funded privately or by legal aid.
- Our team includes trained duty solicitors qualified in the Police Station Accreditation Scheme and Higher Rights Advocates, allowing us to support you through every stage of the criminal justice system, from the moment you are accused of an offence to trial and appeal.
- We have close links with experts and specialist counsel adding further depth to our ability to assist clients in complex, serious, and high profile criminal cases at any court level.
- Our approach is client-centred. We have over 100 years’ combined experience and have secured successful outcomes to criminal investigations and prosecutions for over a century. We attribute our success, not simply to our knowledge of the law, but also to our ability to adapt to our client’s needs, tailoring our advice and defence strategy to help them achieve the best result possible.
- In fact, we’ve been awarded the Law Society Criminal Litigation Accreditation for our skills.
Get in touch with our expert criminal defence solicitors in London
We also have a 24/7, 365 days a year police station advice line which you can contact by calling 07841 454 170.
“They have great strength in depth. It's a strong team able to cover a variety of styles based on impressive collective experience and expertise - there is truly a solicitor for every situation."
"They are a shining light in terms of the legal aid community of solicitors. They are all incredibly impressive and are all outstanding in their own way."
Chambers and Partners 2017
“Highly regarded for its dedicated criminal law practice and commitment to legal aid work. Top-level expertise across the breadth of complex criminal cases, including historic sexual abuse investigations and gang-related crime. Also renowned for its experience in youth crime”
“Edward Preston attracts extensive praise for his handling of high-stakes criminal cases, offering first-class experience in gang-related and firearms charges. According to one commentator, "his thorough understanding of each case is combined with a full understanding of the law, an ability to imagine novel approaches and an unfailing will to secure the best result."
“Paul Harrisis held out as a leading serious crime practitioner who draws particular praise for his "incredible commitment" to legal aid work. One source states: "He inspires great confidence by combining a practical, user-friendly approach with a wealth of experience, sound judgement, technical expertise and tactical nous"
“Shila Keshvari comes highly recommended for the "incredible results" she achieves in complex cases, as well as her "stacks of experience in all caseloads across the spectrum." One interviewee describes her as "one of the most client-friendly solicitors I've ever met." She is particularly noted for her experience of serious gang-related cases"
The Legal 500
“Led by Edward Preston, who is ‘a master of criminal defence’, and Paul Harris (‘the driving force of the firm’), Edward Fail Bradshaw & Waterson provides defence work of ‘the highest quality’. Despite legal aid cuts, the firm continued to expand, and saw an increase in youth court work."